Platelet Function Tests
(Platelet aggregation study & Flowcytometry)
A platelet aggregation test checks how well your platelets clump together to form blood clots. Platelets are a type of blood cell. They help form blood clots by sticking together. A clot is what stops the bleeding when you have a wound. Without platelets, you could bleed to death.
Platelet aggregation study is GOLD STANDARD technology & available at referral centre in India.
Qualitative platelet defect can be presented with normal platelet counts in majority of the cases.
In the anticoagulated whole blood is mixed with saline and a platelet agonist in a single-use cuvette with two pairs of electrodes. The increase in impedance between the electrodes as platelets aggregate onto them, is measured and visualized as a curve
Agonist required for aggregation study: Ristocetin, ADP, AA (Aracdonic acid), Epinephrine, Collage, and TRAP- 6
Why test required:
Bleeding from the nose or gums
Excessive menstrual bleeding
Blood in the urine or stool
Platelet aggregation study for qualitative defect of the platelets
Antiplatelet Drug monitoring like Aspirin & Clopidogrel
Von willibrand disease workup
Acquired platelet defects workup
HaemPath Diagnostics Centre, NABL Accrediated & ISO Certified Gujarat's 1st Super Speciality Lab, is only center in Gujarat which provides Platelet function tests & Flowcytometry
Platelet Function Tests
|Test Code||Test Name||Method||Sample Type||Volume||MRP||Ambient stability||Shipping Temp||TAT|
|HP021||Platelet function tests||Platelet aggregation study & Flowcytometry Agonist Ristocetin,ADP,AA,Epinephrine,Collagen, TRAP Flowcytometry : CD41/CD61/CD42B CBC , Platelet clot retraction PT, APTT,TT,Fibrinogen||Citrate plasma,EDTA, Serum||Citrate – 15 ml EDTA -3 ML Serum – 2 ml||19500||3 H||NA||24 hrs|
|HP022||Platelet aggregation study||CBC , Platelet clot retraction PT, APTT,TT,Fibrinogen Agonist : Ristocetin,ADP,AA,Epinephrine,Collagen, TRAP||Citrate plasma,EDTA, Serum||Citrate – 15 ml EDTA -3 ML Serum – 2 ml||16500||3 H||NA||24 hrs|
|HP023||Ristocetin induced Platelet aggregation (RIPA)||Platelet aggregometry (Low & High dose Risto)||Citrate plasma||5 ML||4500||3 H||NA||8 hrs|
|HP024||Platelet aggregation study –Aspirin Resistance||Platelet aggregometry: Agonist : AA||Citrate plasma||5 ML||5000||3 H||NA||8 hrs|
|HP025||Platelet aggregation study –Clopidogrel resistance||Platelet aggregometry: Agonist : ADP||Citrate plasma||5 ML||5000||3 H||NA||8 hrs|
|HP026||Anti-platelet monitoring(Dual Antiplatelets||Platelet aggregometry Agonist : ADP , AA||Citrate plasma||5 ML||9000||3 H||NA||8 hrs|
- Anticoagulant therapy should be stopped before 4-5 days of testing.
- Fasting sample is recommended (child-4 hours, adult- 12 hours)
- Test will be done on working day at Haempath Diagnostics except Sunday & holidays with prior appointment
- Outside laboratory collection for platelet function tests not acceptable except in special condition
- For further information Contact Haempoath Diagnostics, Ahmedabad.
- The Directory of Services is effective from 1St July 2020.
- Rates are inclusive of all taxes. However, if government imposes service Tax, it will be charged additionally.
- Rate are subject to change without any prior notice/information.
- Information provided regarding investigations are given to best of our knowledge.
- In case of collected specimen, it is presumed that patient’s demographics are confirmed at the point of generation of the said specimen
- Under any unanticipated circumstances (non-availability of kits, instrument breakdown, natural calamities etc.), tests may not be reported as per schedule. Haempath Diagnostics will ensure that the delay is minimized.
- Though effort will be made to convey periodic updates, Haempath Diagnostics is not liable for not communicating changes or discontinuation of any tests.
A fresh specimen will be requested if testing cannot be performed for the following reason.
- Insufficient quantity of the specimen
- Specimen quality is unacceptable. [ Hemolysed, clotted ,lipemic etc.)
- Incorrect specimen type
- Incorrect identity of the specimen
Storage & Transportation
- Hemostasis & Thrombosis assays are very sensitive for preanalytical variables, storage & transportation.
- Outstation sample for Hemostasis & Thrombosis required transportation in Dry ice only.
- Flowcytometry sample should be stored & transported at room temperature (10 – 24 C).
- MRD assay required fresh & first pool sample.
- Outside laboratory collection for platelet function tests not acceptable except in special condition.
- Discussion with Laboratory personals required before sending special tests of specifically Coagulation & Thrombotic disorders.
- All special tests will be done on working day at Haempath Diagnostics except Sunday & holidays with prior appointment.